Join us for our very first Trauma Responsive Practice Supervision Training held in Adelaide at the Holdfast Bowling Club, Glenelg North.
This training, facilitated by Connected Self, acknowledges that being responsive to trauma is more than how we approach our work with clients.
This one day experiential workshop draws on emerging neuroscience to explore how to effectively respond to practitioners working with clients with lived experience of trauma. It brings emphasis to what leaders bring to supervision discussions, how to prepare ourselves and guide practitioners through effective reflective discussions. This training will also prepare leaders for sharing uncomfortable conversations, assisting practitioners to recognise and respond to vicarious trauma and sustain their wellbeing.
Participants in this training will see the following outcomes in their work:
- Leaders have greater confidence in responding to the needs of those they supervise;
- Leaders are better prepared for uncomfortable conversations with practitioners;
- There are less impacts (human and financial) associated with vicarious trauma for both practitioners and leaders; and,
- Practitioners report higher levels of safety in getting their needs met; and,
- Practitioners report that they are better equipped to respond to the trauma needs of their clients, promote safety and manage difficult conversations when they arise.
To learn more about Connected Self, you can view our facilitator profile here.
Our training is a one day event and will be held:
- Full Day Training: Monday 25th October 8:30am – 3:30pm (ACDT)
Hear what our attendees have said about our past trainings:
“I learned so much relevant to my role within the school and I have been applying my knowledge daily within the classroom. All of your analogies and terminologies were easy to understand which was really helpful.”
“This was the best training I have been too.”
“We both found it very useful and impactful. It made a lot of sense. The way you guys delivered that material was very encouraging and compassionate.”
Our trainings include high quality training resources and catering. Please include any dietary requirements at the time of booking. All participants will receive a certificate among completion of the training.