Join us for our professional development ‘Trauma Responsive Practice’ Training held in Melbourne at the Fitzroy Victoria Bowling and Sports Club.
In order to successfully engage, challenge and grow children and young people, it is crucial that adults share a fundamental understanding of the role trauma plays in early brain development.
This training explores a range of approaches (including, but not limited to, trauma aware, strength based, resilience theory, cognitive behavioural, attachment theory and circle of security, positive psychology, ecological models and specific cultural approaches) to:
- Understand what currently informs practice
- Develop practice principles
- Explore and incorporate evidence (emerging neuroscience) and best practice
- Implement tools such as delivering therapeutic intent for individual young people
Participants in this training will develop:
- Knowledge of the impacts of trauma and how to respond
- Expanded and refined skills for responding to trauma
- Greater confidence and practice wisdom
- Higher levels of work satisfaction and wellbeing
Our training will be held on the following dates and times:
- Day 1 Face to Face: Monday 7th February 8:30am – 3:30pm (AEDT)
- Day 2 Face to Face: Tuesday 8th February 8:30am – 3:30pm (AEDT)
- Online Reflective Practice: Friday 18th February 2:00pm – 4:00pm (AEDT)
Hear what our past attendees have to say about this training:
“I learned so much relevant to my role within the school and I have been applying my knowledge daily within the classroom. All of your analogies and terminologies were easy to understand which was really helpful.”
“This was the best training I have been too.”
“We both found it very useful and impactful. It made a lot of sense. The way you guys delivered that material was very encouraging and compassionate.”
Our trainings include a take home Trauma Aware Toolbox and Catering. Please include any dietary requirements at the time of booking. All participants will receive a certificate among completion of the training.